e

Sunday 26 January 2014

ThatMakesItNotInsane closing up shop until the 12th of February




ThatMakesItNotInsane will be on a brief hiatus, if you can even call it that, until the 12th of February. For the next eighteen days I plan to embark on an exploration into the arctic and unexplored chasms of my mind in order to produce one short story a day for a collection I'm going to call Out of Order. The collection, short stories of over or under the 1000 word mark, will range from brain dead Horror, Sci-fi and Dark Humour. It will basically be as much an exercise in creativity as any kind of collection to show off to friends.

The idea is to take every bad, rotten idea I've ever had for a short story and just run with it. Rummage through the bins and make idols of empty tuna cans. I've heard some people refer to this as "Bizarro" fiction, a reinvigorated Absurdist movement kicked off by Carlton Mellick III, and if that's what it is; then fuck it, throw me the jersey and send me on the field. I don't mind what it's called, just as long as I finish it and have something to put out by the 12th of February.

In the meantime, there are still interviews to be posted, the ever popular agony aunt Ask Nora, and maybe some music recommendations from the encyclopedic Hugh Deasy (I haven't asked him yet, but I will try and make it so).

Turn off the lights and await further instructions.


No comments:

Post a Comment